The Art of Everyday Joe – Pursuing Art in Your Community – Michael Corbin
Posted by bloggingauthorsadmin
Topics of conversation:
- Getting over being intimidated by art, where to start pursuing art in your community.
- How an art-filled home environment will inspire your own creativity.
- Be an art collector on any budget…don’t let a slow economy stop you!
- The importance of supporting local, independent artists.
- Michael Corbin’s future projects, and inspirational website.
Michael Corbin is an avid collector who has used his love of contemporary art to create a brand-name series of illustrated books and one of a kind website. In only the past few years, he has written and produced two books, “Art In King Size Beds” and “The Art of Everyday Joe,” which to date has won six national literary awards and remains in the running for several more honors. His books carry the subtitle, “A Collector’s Journal.” The books are memoirs designed to spread art appreciation and promote the work of emerging artists.
Corbin is also a full-time broadcast journalist who now resides in Indianapolis, Indiana. Thus far, his career has taken him from New York City to St. Petersburg, Florida, Detroit, Michigan and Richmond, Virginia among other cities. Still, it is art that remains his passion and primary reason for travel outside of his career.
Corbin has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications and Political Science from Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. He has been active in every community in which he has resided, volunteering his time for various organizations that range from public schools to Hospice to the American Cancer Society. Seeing art in practically all things, his latest effort is an art collector profile in the October 2009 issue of American Style Magazine.
He is currently at work on the third book in his Collector’s Journal series.
Purchase: The Art of Everyday Joe: A Collector’s Journal
Michael K. Corbin
Synopsis: Finally, it’s here! If you love art, but think you can’t afford it, your search is over. Now, an art book that doesn’t talk down to you. “The Art of Everyday Joe: A Collector’s Journal,” is a spectacular trip through the world of contemporary art. Picking up where “Art In King Size Beds: A Collector’s Journal,” leaves off, join collector Michael K. Corbin on his continuing journey and discover that great art is actually within your reach. Art enriches your life and home, but more importantly the world. This multi-award winning book will leave you wondering why you didn’t become an art collector much sooner. Dozens of full color illustrations from Corbin’s own collection are included. Buckle up for another thrilling ride.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)